Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Genius Johnsons?!

Okay, so I went to the park today and the kids had a blast, but they made me laugh so hard. I often hear how everyone refers to their kids as being a genius and I'm just praying that our kids will at the very least be average...here is why:

Audrey is going around chasing the "chickens" no matter how many times I told her that they weren't chickens but pigeons. So, there my child goes yelling, "chicken, come here". LJ on the other hand kept pointing to those "chickens" saying, "fish, mom, see fish". Then as he walks along the pond area and sees little fish swimming by he yells, "SHARK!" at the top of his lungs!! All I could do is laugh.

At times like this I am thankful for the language barrier, all the Japanese people thought my kids were adoreable, I just hope that they weren't attempting to learn a few new words in English ;-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys,
Loved reading this story about the kids. Had me laughing.I miss your babies a lot!!! but for all it's worth they are a lot smarter than you think...
love you guys,
Jessie

What were up too... said...

There smarter than my kids!!! I'm just hoping Toby passes Kindergarden. Though there is hope for Paige she does like to look at books..Toby wouldn't touch them at her age!

Stephanie Hamilton said...

Don't let Aunt Kelli take Audrey to the park to look at the "chickens", she'll have her trying to kick them! She used to try and kick the pidgons in York.