Saturday, March 6, 2010

Street Witnessing

Last night the youth met at Mihama "American Village" instead of at church for our normal Friday Night Youth Group. We went out in the streets and attempted to share our faith with the dying world around us. I found it to be incredibly difficult and I even felt bad for the girls who chose me to be their leader. I had no clue what to say after the normal conversation starters. Man, I really lacked boldness and was very discouraged, but many of the youth and other leaders brought back some great reports. Please pray for us as we will be making this a normal outing for the first Friday of each month.

Here is the group praying and getting directions before heading out.


Here is Audrey and her friend, Jaylee, sharing the love of Christ. They would go up to anyone and hand out a tract. I pray that this is just the beginning of obeying the great commission.

Funny story: Audrey tried to give a tract to a Japanese couple but they told her no. Jaylee goes up to Audrey and asks, "what happened, they didnt' want it?" Audrey replies, "they told me, no." Jaylee then says, "what? They don't want to know about Jesus?"

Kevin sharing with a couple of guys who were just hanging out. They knew about Jesus and Kevin was asking them what they were doing with that knowledge and reminded them that it takes receiving and living out that truth in order to be God's child. One gentlemen openly admitted that he didn't want to give up the things he was doing now in order to follow Him. Pray that the hearts here will be softened.

LJ and his tracts. I don't think he passed any out, but he wanted to take them all home.

Audrey had a great time!

No comments: